Thursday, August 7, 2008

Paridise Island

We had such a great vacation!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better trip than what we had as a family!!!!
For those of you who don't know we were able to go to the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas. Worth every penny, and lets just say there were quit a few pennies spent, but it was a great trip and can't wait to go back!

This is the plane that we boarded in Miami to go over to the Bahamas. If you look closely yes it's a prop plane. I was a little freaked out. As we are boarding the plane Justin informs me that these are the planes that the pilot's have to learn on and log so many hours on before they are allowed to fly the bigger planes. He said that this way they only kill like 30 people instead of 200 people. I was like very good to know, this is something I good have know before we got to the airport, there was no backing out know!!!!

Braxten in aw of all the stuff that there was to do!!!

As soon as you walked out of your Hotel building there was this huge pool of water, and they were filled with sea turtles. This is just one of the many aquariums that they had.

Another one look at all those fish, they were everywhere!!!

Our first day at the beach, Justin and Braxten started a project, while I got my hair braided. I know I'm a dork and I felt like a dork, because it looked pretty dumb, but it only took me 15 minutes to get ready for the day, that was nice, and if the boys only knew how much time we saved by me doing that they might not have teased me as much.
Taking a break from the sand project, and learning how to be a merman???? We did watch the 13th year before we went on vacation (it's a mermaid movie)

Cleaning off the sand!!

The finished product, a lounge chair so Justin good get some sun!!!!

Braxten gave it a try, but it didn't last long.

These chair is only fit for a KING, Braxten has a way to go before he rules all, for now he will just have to rule the house.

Another aquarium. This was wall to wall aquarium of a restaurant. I know that it sounds weird, but this was on the other side of the restaurant looking at all the fishes and other animals in the water. It was like a 1/2 mile long aquarium, it was so cool and big, bot was it big!

Ready to go swim with the Dolphins???????

Braxten is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fear, Braxten is strong enough to do this!

Dolphin school. The boys had to learn a few facts about what they were going to be doing and what not to do while they were out with the Dolphins.








So it wouldn't be a trip without someone getting hurt. We aren't sure what it was, but something got Braxten when he was swimming in the ocean, and the way that these look we can only guess that it was a SHARK!!!!!!!!! We were on the the sand and B was in the water, we didn't see anything! Must have been a baby the nurse said!



Braxten's new wheels!! Since the bottom of his of foot was hurt he couldn't walk around. There was a lot of walking, I'm not kidding when I say that we at least walked a couple miles a day to and from the water park and getting dinner.
Shopping the town of Nassau!!!

We found a McDonald's in town and stopped to get Braxten some chicken, the people felt bad for him and so they gave him a free ice cream cone. He enjoyed that!!!

Proof that I went on the trip too!!!!!!

Braxten is a really picky eater. The buffets didn't have anything for him to eat, so he had lots of dessert and some fish, but he didn't really like the style that it was cooked. This was his first chicken dinner in days and he loved it!!!

The ice cream bench!! I just thought that this was cute and totally Braxten.

Thanks Bahama for letting us have such a great vacation!!!!!!

6 comments:

Raven said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Brooke and the girls just went there a few weeks ago. I love Paradise Island. Justin's family has a house there and we went a few times. I never really did much at the Atlantis resort though. I guess I should go back just for that!

Raven said...

Oh and one other thing. Don't leave your braids in too long. Zoie got her hair done there and seriously after 2wks of wearing them, her hair fell out like crazy. It's still a bit trashed but getting better now.

A & C Hickson said...

Emma you are funny! I love the braids! good thing you took a picture of yourself for proof you were really there!

Mary said...

I was getting through it thinking and I am not even going to see this hair, but alas there it was. I love having my hair done like that.

Katelyn said...

what a fun trip emma- i know i never leave comments but i am loving seeing how your fun summer is going. Can't wait to see more. ~ katelyn v

ATT Hickson said...

Your vacation looked so fun! Makes me want to hop on over to paradise!