Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sailing

This morning I was watching Jon and Kate plus 8. I love those cute little kids, ,and how funny the parents are to each other. This week they went to Hawaii for a fun vacation and one of the things that they went to do as a family, was going Sailing. I was laughing because all I could do was think about how awful my experience sailing in Hawaii was, I was like SUCKERS!!!!!
About a year and a half ago, Justin and myself, my sister Karen and her husband and my mother in law all went to Hawaii. It was so much fun!!! At the time Justin's grandma and aunt lived there so it was fun to go visit family and see the newest cousin. One of our adventures that we went out on was a Sail Boat Ride. I was a little nervous at first, but we went and bought all the appropriate measures for motion sickness. I am the worst at getting car sick, so I was pretty sure that I would get sea sick. So here are some pictures of how the first part of the trip went....It all went down hill from there. As we went out sea, the waves were huge!!!! At some points the boat was flat on it's side and I thought that we were going to be launched out of the boat, it was so scary and I did not like it at ALL!!! All I wanted to do is get off the boat. And then there was the sea sickness.....


I wasn't really throwing up, but I wanted to! At one point it was so bad that I went to lean over the boat to spew. As soon as I did that the boat shifted and it was on it's one side and I almost flew out of the boat, I was to scared to spew. From then on all I wanted to do is get off the stupid boat, FAST!!
To be honest I think the guy just wanted the money and he really shouldn't have taken us out that day, but I guess we'll never know. He asked us if we wanted go snorkeling, and I was like are you kidding me??? The highlight of the the trip was the front seat....

Grandma wouldn't leave the seat the whole time.


It could have been it's because she got stuck, sorry grandma!!!

4 comments:

jenhatch said...

I LOVE that show too!!!

SO glad you didn't actually barf! Looks like so much fun!

Mary said...

is his grandma going to read this?

A & C Hickson said...

I am laughing so hard!

The Holcombs said...

hey pics to go with your story. Even more entertaining with visual!