Friday, November 7, 2008

Chirstmas is Coming.........

......and the goose is getting FAT!!!!! OK so it seems that Christmas is just around the corner and I have no ideas for presents. For Justin's family I usually to a family calender, I pull together all the pics throughout the year and put them all together for everyone to enjoy. I ask them to send me pictures so that I can do that, I only had two people respond!!!! I still need to go and get the picture disk, but hopefully there are a lot of pictures on them?? My mil (mother in law) brought her camera here this summer and needed to dump the memory card so I have a lot of pictures from her so hopefully we are good??? My family usually draws names and we buy the one person a gift which is nice so that you get one really nice present instead of a whole lot of random things. Of course we always get the kids presents though!! I love Christmas, I love getting presents and I love giving presents. You hope with each gift the person is as excited as you are when you bought it thinking that they will love it. I think as we get older it gets harder and harder to please everyone. I'm trying to come up with different traditions and things for us to try as a family, Braxten will be here this year for Christmas and I want it to be fun and play the whole Santa card, but at the same time I want him to know the reason for the season. Any ideas??? I know the most common are reading the bible story or acting it out, does any one do any other things????

1 comments:

Mandy H said...

Oh I love Christmas too! A fun idea is to buy an inexpensive nativity and drop off a piece to a family you know (secretly). It brings in the meaning of Christmas and makes you think about it every night! Oh and bring baby Jesus Christmas eve, the grand finale!!!