Sunday, November 23, 2008

Playing Mom

So my sister and her husband went out of town for Thanksgiving with his family. They all went to Mexico!!! While they are away I'm in charge of the "little gherkin", Dylan, AKA "D" Dog. So last night he came home with me from my mom's house, and he fell asleep in the car. Once we got home, to my house, I got him out to put P.J.'s on and ready for bed, by now he had woken up. He freaked out, he didn't know were he was and he wanted his MOM. After about an hour and a half I got him to sleep through his chilling cries. I have never heard this boy cry as hard and as much as he did. This morning, i could hear him making sweet little noises and so I went to get him up out of bed. As I got closer to the bed I could smell it. He had thrown up in the bed and his diaper was FULL of water poo! Dylan thought was happy as could be with no cares in the world. So I but all his bedding and clothes in the wash and fed him breakfast. Then we went to take a bath. While I was filling the bath up, he projectile spit up all of the bath, so I drained the water and started over. Right before I was to get him out he did it again. All the while he is still acting just fine and laughing and having a good time. So then we came down and played and I gave him some juice, obviously it hasn't hit me that he might not be feeling well. He kept the juice down, and went down for a two hour nap. He wake up happy and great so we had some peaches and played and then some more formula. Right as he got to the end of the bottle he came up for air and started to spew AGAIN. I caught most of it in my hand and ran for the sink. I cleaned him up and we played some more, still acting just fine and happy. After a while he gets fussy so I give him some water and them get him ready for church. Dylan's all ready so I finish getting ready and then Try and pry Justin from the Cowboys game. The whole time before church I'm trying to get breakfast made, while Justin sleeps in, and get dinner ready enough so that when we get home from 5:00 church there isn't a whole lot left to do. So I'm doing all this with a kid on my hip because all he wants is me and clearly he isn't feeling so great at this point. All the spitting/throw up still hasn't triggered anything in my mind so we leave for church."D" Dog falls asleep on the way. Right before the sacrament gets past he wakes up ready to play. We get the bread every thing's good, then the water comes to me, right as he puts the tray in front of him, Dylan starts trowing up the water and peaches. I had grabbed a towel just in case, and he filled is. I ran out of sacrament meeting and Justin followed me with the car seat. D and left church while Justin stayed because he had to teach. I made a couple of phone calls and came to the conclusion that it's the formula making him sick. So I have given him less and gave him watered down formula and everything has been good since. What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!! He has only been taking this formula for about a week, but half formula and half breast milk. His poor little belly couldn't handle this stuff, and man does it stink. I hope that tomorrow is a much better day, I'm going to buy some baby food so I don't have to feed him very many bottles. We'll see how it all goes. Wish me luck!!!!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

o...good luck. That would be hard to handle BUT better in a baby than an older child.

Kiera said...

Good luck. Throwing up is no fun at all.

Mary said...

Fun stuff.

Brent and Britta said...

Poor guy! I saw you rush out of sacrament... how old is litte D? Hope things get better!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That does not sound fun at all. Poor liitle guy. How old is he? Did you find a formula that works for him? Good luck! Let me know if you need anything.

The Johnson Family said...

I'm sorry Emma it's not funny, but I was laughing about the part when he was throwing up in church. Sorry to hear that he isn't feeling well.

jenhatch said...

OKAY... after that - you can handle ANYTHING!! Oh my goodness!! I kept reading, thinking it couldn't get worse, and it kept getting worse!! You POOR thing! Good thing for you, you clued in on the formula thing - I never would have thought that!

Cam and Karen owe you BIG!!!!