Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girl's Camp

I just got back from girls camp. I had so much fun. I don't know who had more fun the girl's or me???? It brought back so many memories. We went down to a place called Kerrville, it's right outside San Antonio. We stayed in some sweet cabins, with A/C and showers, much better than Trek. The first day we went to a water park, I know girls camp at the water park?? One of our leaders got free tickets, so why not. We had a blast!!!!! Then the next morning we did our skits, "hike" if you want to call it that, and then we played on the river. I don't have any pictures, but I will post some good ones when I get them. On the river the girls were out there playing for a while and all the sudden a snake came swimming across the way. I have never seen the girls move so fast. If any of you know me very well, snakes freak me out. I don't do snakes!!!! I can't look at them, watch them on TV, let alone see them swimming in the river that we were playing in. It took a long while, but we got some floats and got the girls back in the water and they ended up having a great time. One of the funniest things that happened at camp was a conversation that happened in the car and retold to us:

Victoria: " Hey does anyone want some Pirate's Booty?"
Meggie: " Uh, I already had some, but thanks"
Ashley: " I don't do Pirate's"
Victoria: "Are you sure, it's really good!!!"

Victoria was offering them some little snack mix called Pirate's Booty. It was the funniest thing because she was totally oblivious to what was going on and everyone else in the car was laughing hysterically.

These girls were such a joy to be with and be around! I love them each so dearly and enjoy their company. At testimony meeting it was really cute because at least two to three of the girls had never gotten up to give their testimony and was really cool to see that happen for the first time and hear their love for the gospel. Thanks girls!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Raven said...

Those car rides from Youth trips are wicked fun! Remember our famous one coming back from Youth Conference, with Bro. Mengus and ending up in Braum's? We nearly killed that man on the way home as he was trying to eat his burger and laugh at the same time! I can't even remember what we were doing/talking about(I think it was a re-enactment of Clueless and you ended up w/your dress flying up and flashing your undies to Bro.Hughey). See ya in a few days for even more fun memories in Marlow!

Carie Ann Wall said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I saw Britta's photos. They were great. I am so excited you get to stay home! I remember the first time I was able to stay at home, Ethan was eighteen months then and I am still loving every minute of it.

Mary said...

I suppose you are in YOung Women's now. You never told me. I am so jealous. Just got called to Primary again in our new ward. Going on nine years now.

ATT Hickson said...

Don't you just love being around the YW? I'm so glad that my calling puts me in with these crazy girls every Sunday. I feel like I fit in with them much better than I would in Relief Society! Sounds like it was fun!