Friday, December 17, 2010

Brody Jacob and Brooklyn Alexis Have Arrived......

I have waited a long time to right this post. Not in actual days, but years as I have waited for a long time to be an official MOM. This past week my life got turned upside down, and my dreams became reality. I have have patiently waited these last few weeks to get to go home. All I wanted is to keep those babies in my belly until January 1st at least. This past week my sonos had proved that nothing had changed and that my cervix was still measuring the same and the babies were still growing, my contractions had stopped (the first night that I entered the hospital). My doctor had said when I first arrived that around 34 weeks if I was still here he would probably send me home to bed rest, because 34-36 weeks is simi normal for having twins, but ideal was getting past 36 weeks. So week 33 came and my doctor came in and said that if I promised to behave I could go home on bed rest coming in to see him at least once a week. Check Check and Check I was so happy to go home and be at my house. So this was around 9am Wednesday morning. About 9:30 my nurse came in and to check all my vitals and send me on my way. She took my blood pressure and it was high, it's NEVER been high since I've arrived. So we checked it again and again for about an hour. Since it didn't go down he had my blood drawn and urine checked to see if everything was ok, well it wasn't. Apparently I had preeclampsia and my kidneys weren't doing good and my liver was following right behind it. So at about 5 to 11 on Wednesday just a couple of hours after I thought that I was going home, my doc came in and said that we were having the babies today. Not only were we having the babies today, and since I had gotten sick to fast with no symptoms he didn't want to chance me getting sicker with an eduction so it was strait to a c section it was. I called Justin bawling that we were having the babies today and that we weren't going home, not only were we having them, but in an hour and he needed to get there. The next opening was at 12 and that was my stop, although it took a little longer than expected because the NICU wasn't ready for us. So at about 1:45 I went back to get started and get all ready for my babies to arrive, I thought that they forgot about Justin, but they don' get the dads until they make the first incision, but then I had started to panic just a little. But that all stopped when I heard the first cry.......

Brooklyn Alexis Lee
Born 12-15-10 @ 2:11 pm
4lbs 11 oz
17 3/4 long

Brody Jacob Lee
Born 12-15-10 @ 2:14 pm
3 lbs 12 oz

16 1/2 Long
To us they look like mini me's of the two of us. It is so funny that they look so much like each of us, brody to justin and brooklyn to me. Since I got sick the first 24hrs I was on meds that would not let me out of my bed, so I didn't even get to go see them until last night, but all is good now, and I love going to visit them. I get to walk around and move, but I have no energy to do so, so it's a little overwhelming.

Here is Brooklyn in her little bed, she really is doing ok, I know that it looks a little scary, but she is just small and needs help with life.
Same with Brody, can you believe all that hair that both of them have?????? And Brody is blond how crazy is that??

Today they were a little jaundice and so they have to be under a lamp all day, and I love their sunglasses!!!!! It really was so cute to go in and see them with these on it helps to make things a little lighter. I will try my hardest to keep everyone updated, but there is a lot going on and so it's really hard to be in touch with everyone. Thanks for all your well wishes and love and support for our new little family. Love you lots, Emma and Justin

12 comments:

Gwen Ashby said...

I can't believe you had the babies! I will try to get by to see you just for a minute on my way home from the temple tomorrow. Hope all is well.

mandy said...

Good job, mom! They are adorable! Let me know how we can help!

Kiera said...

Oh my goodness they are so tiny!!Congratulations Emma! I am so excited for you!!

Karin said...

That made me all teary Emma. I am so happy for you and sooooo grateful the babies are doing well. They are beautiful! Congratulations!!

Kim said...

Congrats Emma and Justin!!

Kiersten said...

Brooklyn & Brody are so beautiful, Emma!! I'm so thrilled that they are doing well and hope that you are recuperating quickly!! Can't wait til you can bring them home!!

Heather Ridge said...

So happy for you guys. They are darling. Hope their stay in the NICU is a short one. So glad they are doing well and you are feeling better. Try to get some rest while they are in the hospital.....easier said than done.

Kathy said...

Emma, I am so unbelievably happy for you two and glad that they are doing well! They are so lucky to have you for a mom. I love them already and can't wait to meet them.

Mandy H said...

We are soooo happy for you, can't wait to see the babies. They are beautiful and TINY!!!

Brent and Britta said...

I've been waiting for this post! Scary day miss Emma, glad you got through it ok! Give those tiny babies lots of skin and kisses! Can't wait to meet them when this cold Crew gave me goes away!

Vanessa said...

Yeah babies! Congrats you guys! I am so happy for you. :) I hope they get to go home with you very soon.

Mary said...

Congrats. I go MIA for a couple days and you have the most exciting news of the year happen. I'm so happy for ya'll.