Thursday, December 9, 2010

32 Weeks

So we made it to out next milestone, 32 weeks!!!!! We are just trucking along and hanging in there. I've been here for 4 weeks now, and it's getting easier for me to deal with what's going on. They feed you three meals a day, let me out for 2 30 minute wheelchair rides, and I get to shower and watch TV whenever. It's not like jail AT ALL. Visitors have been great and I have such a good time to see new faces. Justin is so good at coming up here to visit everyday, but he is so burnt out that most of the time he is napping or he is bored out of his mind just sitting here because he can think of all the things that need to be done at home. He had someone come in and paint and repaint our house. I can't wait to see how everything looks, Justin said that it looks like a different house. He also has my cousin there working on organizing all our little messes around the house that I just ignore, because I can't get my husband to tell me what he wants done with everything, but I guess when you are paying someone to do it your attitude is a little different.

So as far as everything goes for these babies they are still playing in the womb and hopefully they are there for about 4 more weeks. The doctor has been talking about sending me home to bed rest, but yesterday when we did a couple of different tests I didn't pass them. My cervix has shorten a little bit more, but when Brooklyn's head is right there it makes a world of difference. I had to have this swab test done to see if I was leaking any juices to show signs of delivering when in the next 10-14 days and that was awful!!!!! I have had it done before and it wasn't bad at all, but this time I think just the fact that she came in at 6am to do it was the first bad thing. Then it felt like she had sand paper wrapped around the cotton ball and she was just shoving that thing up there, grrrr. I then went to go to the bathroom and shower and I notice a little bit of blood. That's when I started to freak out inside. I called the nurse station to see if that was normal and she basically said no, but it could be something else, because I had also went to the bathroom and it burned!!!!!!!!!!!! So on top of not being able to go home, they think I have a UTI. Great! I have never had something like that which I feel blessed that this is my first one, because they suck. She told me to up my liquids, to drink 4 28oz size mugs of water. I was like are you kidding me, I started to do what she asked of me, but I was up seriously every 5 minutes, I don't think it's possible for a pregnant women to do that, let alone one who is on bed rest and is supposed to be lying down. A little later I called to see what they had found out because I wanted some medicine to get this thing cured, but the nurse said she talked to the doctor and he thought it might be a kidney stone. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! So now we have to what to see what the culture says and all I can do is breathing exercises while I pee so I can handle the burn until they figure out what's going on. Needless to say yesterday was not a good day up here at the hospital. It's a little better today, but not near cleared up so I hope we find out soon. Also, after the nice cotton swab test, the doctor came in to exam me to help him get a better idea as to what was going on with my cervix and he said that it was soft and I was about 50% effaced. That made me freak out a little more because he kind of gave me a run around as to what that meant, but the nurse told me that people can walk around for weeks at that, so that helped relieve my worry some. So the doctor came in today and said that he will most likely have me home for Christmas and then from that I only have about 2 weeks left before I want to have the kids so I'll have to be really good at home. I can't wait for these guys to get here, as much as I hate all this sitting around I know that life is going to get really crazy soon, but after all this I can't wait to see and hold these little guys.

1 comments:

Mary said...

My money is on a UTI!