Friday, November 26, 2010

I've been busy

So while I have been here in the joint I've had lots of projects to keep me sane. If any of you know me really I'm not really a crafty person, I just don't use my time with crafts I'd rather be unproductive and watch TV or read a book. So to add a little somethin somethin to this place I have been making a few thing to hang up and decorate.
Started decorating for Christmas a little with my North Pole venue. Santa Claus is coming to town!!


Then I dabbled in a little light coloring projects to keep me busy. Until I got some real projects.

My sister came over with a bag full of goodies and all the materials to actually do a real craft project. We stared with making these flowers, I'm allergic to the real thing so I settled for these bad boys that won't lose their color or start to wilt. I love them and they were so easy to make, I should make another bouquet.

This was my next project. My sister went and got me some scrapbook paper and I went to town with cutting the pages into strips and then gluing them on the wreath. I was pretty time consuming, but I have a lot of time around here. I plan on making three more of these. Another Christmas one and then I want to make a boy one and a girl one for Brody and Brooklyn's room.

This was my last endeavor. I ripped pages from a book and then rolled and fanned and twisted the pages to glue them to this wreath. I need to fix the middle of it, and make it have more of a hole, but then it should be good. I have few more things in the works, like making hair bows for Brooklyn and I'm working on a cross stitch, but I'm not really that good at it, to many holes. Hopefully I can fix it.

Hey Mary do these wreaths look familiar???? Did y'all do them for enrichment???

4 comments:

jamie said...

I love those book wreaths!

Mary said...

They do and we did. Miss you. I have a craft that will keep you busy the whole time till these babies actually are ready to come. Check this link out...http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616868311_-1_15055_15056
Did I show you these babies while you were here. YOu basically make these fab xmas stockings for the kiddos.

Brent and Britta said...

The book pages looks awesome! Glad you're keeping busy... Sorry Crew demolished your winter wonderland!

Marcistar said...

I'm so glad you're finding things to do! Your projects look great!! Can't wait to see more!