Thursday, January 29, 2009

Attempting to Save my Marriage!!!

So for the past month or so my allergies have been REALLY bad. At one point for about a week I had to sleep somewhat sitting up otherwise I would choke on snot. It was gross I'm not going to lie, but I kept telling myself it's not allergies it's a cold from the weather being so up and down lately it gave me a cold. After about the third time I got this alleged cold Justin had had it. He was so frustrated with me because I wouldn't go and get a steroid shot. For the past three years I have gotten one and my allergies are so much better, I mean night and day. So I had waited to make sure that I got a period and for some miracle I wasn't pregnant, story of my life, so that I could go and get the shot. Well I woke up yesterday to a huge ice storm in Texas, which means that everything is shut down and delayed and if you can stay home, stay home. I called the family medical place down the street and asked her to see if it was possible to come in and get treated and get a shot. She said that it shouldn't be a problem, but they would need my records from my past doctor to see that I have gotten this shot for the past three years. No problem right!!! Well the office was closed do to the ice and wouldn't open until 12. So I waited for them to open, called at 12 and they still weren't in. I kind of started getting annoyed because they are only open on Monday's and Wednesday's at this office, and the nurse said that legally they have up to two weeks to get the papers faxed over. I needed to have a signed medical release form as well and this is something that they can only fax over, they can't e-mail it. So I drove to the family medical place filled everything out and crossed my fingers. This medical office was trying to leave by three, because the roads were going to get bad again so I wasn't holding my breath on getting in. I could see the doctor, but it would cost me more money to come back and get the shot. So I went to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and food shop a little. I got a call and it was the nurse saying they got my paper work and to come by in an hour. I was so excited!!! I went and got the shot and some antibiotics, because I have a sinus infection or bronchitis, and the steroid shot. If anyone has had one of those they hurt, they make your muscles sore and go into spasms. It was so worth it, but buy the end of the night I could breathe and I wasn't coughing a whole bunch of crap up anymore. The bad thing is my back hurt so bad I couldn't fall asleep and then when I finally did I only slept for 3 hours and couldn't fall back asleep. I don't know what my deal is, but I can breathe and my husband isn't disgusted by me anymore.

5 comments:

Mary said...

The steriod shot thing is interesting. I've never had one, but the boys have all had several because they get really bad croup and we have to go to the ER and get them juiced up to breath. Now I'll be more sympathetic.

Emily said...

Poor thing, I wish Jared would go get that shot too, it would save a lot of arguments before we went to bed!! I'm glad you are feeling better though!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Matt has had endoscopic sinus surgery because he never slept more than 2 hours at night. He got better from the surgery, we moved to TX, he got allergies and it brought his sinus problems back. His allergies are now taken care of because he gets shots every other week. Now he has to get the surgery again and maybe he'll be able to breathe, taste and sleep through the night.

The Petersen Family said...

Oh I can soooo relate. I think I must have allergies too because I would swear it's a cold, but it keeps going on and on. But I get the steroid pills. They take about a day to start working, but sooo much better than that painful shot. I may have to break down and get the pills. I'm just annoyed that I have allergies in the winter.

Emily R said...

ok, i LIVE for steroid shots. how funny cause my drs out here wouldn't give me a shot, so i drove to my dr in keller (on the SAME ICE day) cause i was SO desperate for a shot!! totally worth the sore bum.
how funny. we are sames!!! ;)
glad you are better though...