Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Life

As many of you know, Justin and I have been trying for some time to have children. It's been a long drawn out process that always seem to get our hope up and then our dreams never coming true. Within the last few months I have gone to see a new doctor. My mom works in a doctor's office that has varies types of doctors in it, chiropractor, nutritionist, face and hair laser removal and things like that. Well one of the guys is a endochronogist basically a hormone doctor. I went in to see if he could help me get pregnant. He told me that I need to me taking the same medicine that my fertility gut gave, which made me so sick I stopped taking it. I was like great here we go again. The meds that he described to me was the same stuff, but it was timed released and so it shouldn't make me as sick. He also told me that in order for this all to work and for me not to get sick I need to change my diet. I was like ok I guess I could at least to that, sounds easy enough right????? Wrong, he told me that I needed to stop eating, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, and sugar. Basically no carbs and no sugars. This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be. It's so hard to think and come up with food ideas. Lunch and dinner are pretty easy, but breakfast is my hardest meal to eat. I knew that I was doing this for a reason, but it still made it hard. The results paid off, the medicine didn't make me sick and if I ever felt sick, it's because I knew I eat something I wasn't supposed to, and I lost about 6 pounds. I can really feel that lose in my clothes, now I just need to go shopping again!! That's always nice. I have been doing this about a month now and I had a follow up visit last week with my doctor and he has high hopes for us if I continue on this diet, and take my thyroid medicine oops!! I don't know if this is the answer and we will be able to get pregnant naturally, but either way I know that my body is going to take better to the treatments and procedures when and or if we have to do invitro. When I started this whole process I didn't really put two and two together, that me being insulin resistant, I'm prediabetic. So if I keep on this diet for the rest of my life pretty much I might never become diabetic, which would be great. So here's to a new life and dreams coming true. If anyone has some good recipes out there for healthily eating I would love some good tips and ideas.

8 comments:

Kiera said...

Wow, that sounds really hard to be on that diet! Good Luck with that. I hope it works out great for you! good job on the six pounds! Thats awesome!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you are working hard and doing that diet. I hope it works for you, you are in our prayers. :) It does sound like a life change, I hope it truely changes your life in every way you desire.

Kim said...

I was noticing last night at the dinner that you didn't have any carbs. I've been on that diet before (but to try to lost weight...never had a problem getting pregnant) and I know what you mean about breakfast. I would end up usually making an omelette or bacon and eggs or something like that. I actually lost about 30 pounds when I was on the diet (but of course have put them back on now). Good luck with everything.

Emily said...

I have heard that this diet really works for some people, I pray that it works for you!! You are always in my thoughts and hope your dream come true!! Congrats on the six pounds, at least there is some payoff for the hard diet!!

Marcistar said...

Emma! I'm so glad that things are starting to fall into place for you guys! We'll pray that things just keep getting better! As far as the new diet, my dad's diabetic, so you should call my mom because she has had to adjust all her recipes for him!! She's got some good ones!! Good luck with everything!!!

Brent and Britta said...

My fingers are crossed!!!

jenhatch said...

yeah! That's an EXCITING step. Possible pregnancy AND losing weight before it!?!? Win-win! ;) I hope all goes well. And I'll be sending you some recipes...

A & C Hickson said...

Hello Tellie! I hope this works! I will look for some recipes!