Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Things that make you feel old........

... so for the past year I have really started to feel old.
1. I got a Christmas card today of a little girl that I used to babysit for and she is now in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first started babysitting her she was like 18 months or close to 2. Then I went to visit one of my families that I first started nannying for and the oldest girl, who was nine when I first started watching them, is a senior in high school.
2. When you are listening to the radio and some of the songs are now just noise to you and you have to change the station. To my defense it is mostly the heavy medal stuff Justin listens to sometimes, but still.
3. That a lot of the fashions that were around when I was a young are back in style, and since I don't wear them I'm out of style.
4. When you can't stay up past midnight anymore without being grumpy or having a nap earlier in the day because you know that I was going to stay up late.
5. When you think back when I was in school gas was only $.89!

I'm grateful that I have found a lovely wonderful husband who works hard for our money!! Hard for the money, sorry I broke out into a little song there, but I hope that I have children before my eggs dry up!!! I know I'm not that old, but sure do feel like it.

7 comments:

Amie said...

Emma,
You are so funny!I am so glad you can laugh at that kind of stuff,but you're not that old. I know that I'm old because I can't always remember what happened a hour ago.(ha,ha)
Love,Amie

Mary said...

You are a dork as your other blog entry points out. Not because you sing solo karaoke but because your eggs aren't going to dry up at 27. Also there are days I feel old too. On the flipside of you try having a daughter about to be 7.

Raven said...

I totally just used that gas price comment when I came to Marlow for the 4th! I paid $4.99/gal & I said to my friends out here, "I can remember back in 2000, right before I moved out here, gas was only .99 in OKC!"

ATT Hickson said...

What about when your Young Women think that your 1985 red convertible cabriolet is an antique vehicle?! Oh geez...

Kathy said...

There's a philosophy that says you can't participate in a fad twice. But don't worry, most of the fads from the 80's and early 90's are worth repeating!

Kathy said...

I meant to say that they aren't worth repeating!

jenhatch said...

i hear ya!! On the whole old thing. You being old... not me ;) Na, kidding. I'm totally feeling it now that I'm turning 30 in a few months. Anyhow, I do the same thing with the whole "noise" on the radio... mostly rap - I use to love rap. AND, I refuse to wear leggings - but I have no problem putting Ava in them.