Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Update!!!!

Blogging is hard to keep up with. I don't feel like I'm ever doing anything blog worthy, and we NEVER take the camera anywhere. Braxten has come and gone this summer. I had so much fun with him this year. He is growing up so fast and it makes me a little sad. He doesn't just miss his mom anymore when he comes out he is starting to miss his friends, which just makes me think he is getting to old. Braxten has such an imagination, and loves to build. He builds legos and makes new worlds and skate parks and his mind just keeps going, he is so smart. We got to spend a lot of time together this summer. The first two weeks he was here, his cousin came out with him from Utah, and his grandparents and aunt. It was so much fun having everyone here, and playing and I think Braxten really liked having his cousin on his turf for a change. They were XBOX junkies anytime they weren't in the pool or on the lake, so I thought that it was going to be a long summer, because I'm to old to watch them play because it makes me sick. But after he went home Braxten did a lot more lego building and so forth. Justin had to work A LOT this summer because about two weeks into Braxten being here his lead guy quit so he had to go install lights everyday, instead of just line the guys out. So there was a lot of time with just B and I, but I loved it, except shower time and teeth brushing time!! Braxten's new love this summer was Six Flags, he loves roller coasters. Last time we went he wouldn't ride anything and this summer he went twice and all he rode was the adult rides, no kiddie rides this year. I think his dad going with him helped him be a little tougher this year, but he still loved it. Justin on the other hand gets motion sickness on them and it hurts his back. I told B next time I would go and we would leave the old man at home. Which brings me to our next exciting news of the summer. After six and half long years of trying to get pregnant our prayers have been answered and we are having TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy and a little overwhelmed, but can't wait to welcome our new members to the family. I can't wait to find out what we are having. My due date is Feb.3rd but we will most likely have them the first of the year. So if you've just done the math in your head I'm 3 months along and counting down until they come. Everything is going good, but there was a little bit of a scare at first so the is why I have waited to long to post. I'm so thankful to be able to have had the journey that we've been on to have children. I don't wish it upon anyone, but it brings you closer as a family and that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Baby A was in a much better spot than B but in both videos you can see the heart beats!!! It's so cool, I can't get over the fact that TWO are coming. We of course want healthy babies and that's all we ask for, but I'm also hoping that it's one of each!!!!! We'll see!

11 comments:

Borton Family said...

Congrats!!!!!

Kiera said...

Yay!! I am soooo excited for you!! I can't believe you are having twins!! I bet you are so excited! congratulations! You guys will have so much fun with them!!

Emily said...

emma i am so excited for you guys!! please call me so we can get together i have a new phone and lost your number! i have tried i couple of time to call but it sounds like you have had a great summer so far!!!

i can hardly tell you how excited i am for you!!yiipppee

Brent and Britta said...

YAY for babies!!! I'm totally hoping you get one of each! You've earned it!

The Johnson Family said...

Emma, wow twins can you believe it. I'm so happy for you two. Your going to be the best mom ever. I need to call and talk to you it's been awhile. Sleepless night here they come, but very rewarding.

Another Whitemarsh Family Blog said...

Emma,
I don't know if you remember me, I am Kindra a friend of Shannon's from the old trailor ct. :). I have been catching up on your blog through hers, sorry I guess that makes me kind of a stocker. Anyways I just wanted to tell you congratulations on the twins! That is so exciting and I am happy for your family!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

Once you added me as a friend on facebook I saw that you had a blog and have been reading about your life...wow! Congratulations on our pregnancy!!! And TWINS!!! So awesome. I just moved back to Texas about 3 months ago...just North of Dallas. We should catch up!

Katelyn said...

Good news travels fast! Emily told my mom, and my mom told me yesterday while we were driving. I was so happy i cried! silly i know... but i can only imagine how happy and excited you are. I showed D the videos of those tiny hearts beating she said "wow mommy that is super amazing." Super Amazing indeed! Congrats! I hope all continues to go well. Much Love~ katelyn

Karin said...

I am sooooooo happy for you. I seriously am teary eyed because of how long you've wanted a baby and now you're getting two. Congratulations!!

jenhatch said...

When you started the post and saying how nothing blogworthy happens to you... I was like HELLO!! If becoming pregnant after 6 1/2 years of trying ain't blogworthy - then I don't know what is! All the dumb antics I blog about ain't nothing on that. And then to have twins - HELLO!!

So funny that you kept it til the end too! Shayne and I are SOOOOO excited for you guys - and I can't wait to have your baby shower. It's gonna be the party of the YEAR!!

Thanks for the other night - it was SO fun to get out!!

Mary said...

I'm so excited for you. I'm all teary eyed and you will be the best mom to twins with all your energy and such. Secondly when these kiddos get here, I will come help for a week and spoil them rotten. Let me know when the family love dies down and I'll come. From what I hear you'll need all the help you can get. Love you, congrats. M